Seeking info on reliability of AWD on Infiniti G35

I'm interested in the new G35 with All Wheel Drive, but I'm concerned about the reliability of the AWD mechanism. It seems like the G35 uses the same ATTESA AWD technology as the Nissan Skyline, but I haven't found any reliability info on that either. Does anyone have any information on how well this AWD works and how it will hold up over time? Thanks.

Reply to
Robert Meushaw

I don't have specific information for that new setup. However, I've had four Nissan 4wd vehicles since 1990, include two QX4s since 1999. The only problem I had was when some moron (not me) put the wrong fluid in the limited slip differential of my first PF. The other three also had LSDs, but no problems with them. So, my opinion is that Nissan is knowledgeable and competent about designing and building effective and reliable 4wd and AWD systems.

Reply to
ppointer

The system has been on and under 1 of the most revered vehicles in the life of NISSAN. The Prince AKA Skyline and GTR AKA Infiniti G35. It is well over 20 years old and has been on more race tracks and mountain races than most any other vehicle AND WON more titles. A testament is that the Skyline GTR holds more 1/4 mile and 1/8th mile records in the AWD/4x class than any other MAKE. Now if they can put down over 500HP to all wheels time after time and trust the Atessa AWD, I feel you would be hard pressed to do better.. EVEN in the Subaru. In Asia the 4wd sedan monsters go:

Skylne GTR Mitsubishi EVO Subaru STI The Subi and the Mitsu fight out for 2nd place while the Nissan sits back to see the challenger.

Just a Little Info

Reply to
ZTech

Infiniti is the #2 most reliable brand behind Lexus according to JD Power. You have a 75k warranty on the drivetrain, 60k bumper to bumper. I wouldn't worry about it - with peoper care & feeding, it should last a long time.

As for me, I picked up a G35s, 6MT a couple weeks ago and LOVE the car!

Reply to
User