Spare Key - NATS

I have a Micra fitted with the NATS security system. I the master key and went to ask about a spare key but was told it would cost GBP65.00. Is this the usual cost? If it is what justifies this level of charge?

I have a motor cycle fitted with a similar system and to programme a spare key i only need to insert the master, then insert the new key withing 10 seconds of removing the master.

Alex.

Reply to
alex.shaw

Hi Alex - I too have a Micra and want a spare NATS key. The two Nissan dealers nearest to me have quoted £80 and £90 for a new key so I am being treated worse than you are! Anything over £10 is simply outrahgeous, especially when you consider than you can get a complete video recorder with massively complex electronics for the price they are asking for a key. Clearly it's just a money-making racket.

It's truly infuriating

Where did you get the £65 quote from, please?

Best wishes Frank Armstrong

Reply to
Frank Armstrong

They do it because they can. Virtually every other car maker is gouging the same way for these things.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Its the first Nissan I have had so I think it a case of 'once bitten twice shy.'

Alex.

Reply to
alex_sh

Hello Alex I tried to get a key from other sources but Nissan seem to have it tied up totally. I ended up paying through the nose the sum of £107 for a key. The bit of electronics attached can be worth no more than 20p. This is highway robbery on a scale never imagined even by Dick Turpin. Nissan needs to be hit with some sort of big stick for this type of behaviour. Oh well Frank

Reply to
Frank Armstrong

If you ever need a new key fob, which are equally expensive, you can find them on eBay. Obviously, that doesn't solve your problem today of obtaining a spare key for your vehicle.

Reply to
ppointer

Well, I've always bought Japanese for obvious reasons but I must say this is a very souring experience. I want to 'get back' at them for being such rogues. I wish I was more criminally inclined! Frank

Reply to
Frank Armstrong

I'm fixed up OK now. I didn't think of looking on ebay!!! Thanks.

Reply to
Frank Armstrong

Keyfobs on eBay are much cheaper and work perfect. The Nissan Primera key with the fob built into the key - the fob is on eBay as a "Tino" keyfob.

When mine went bad I picked one up for £5 which is a fraction of the Nissan dealer price.

Reply to
-=NPG=-