towing with murano

Has anybody towed with one of these CVT deals?

My friend has one and she wants to tow her ATV but the murano she got did not come with a hitch, wiring assembly or even a bumper hole for a ball.

What the hell is the point of having a SUV / CUV if it wont tow.... i suppose the 4wd is a plus but if youre not going off road front wheel drive alone does pretty good, at least it always has for me... depends on the driver though.

Anyway i was just looking for some insight before my friend spends 200 bux on a hitch receiver, tow ball and assembly and wiring kit... jeez maybe more then 200

Thanks Kenny

Reply to
Mercury

Should be under $200 including lighting if you DIY (bolt-on, no drilling). Hidden Hitch has 1-1/4" receiver and Draw-Tite has 2" receiver. The Murano itself is rated to tow 3500 lbs. I just installed a class III Hidden Hitch myself on used 2001 Pathfinder.

Reply to
David Efflandt

I don't know where you live, but here in Dallas, U-Haul installs receiver hitches w/light hook-ups at a very reasonable price. You might want to look into that.....

Reply to
Kerouac

thanks fore the info... are there wiring kits avalible where i dont have to tie into whats there.. in otherword is there plugs that go into the rear taillight plugs and from there well its like a y connector?

That would be ideal!

Reply to
Mercury

Yes, there are T-connectors that plug in to the tail lamp connectors with black box that ties everything together for 4 pin trailer plug. Just do a web search for 'nissan murano trailer hitch' and any of the links for hitches likely have a link for suggested wiring kit.

Reply to
David Efflandt

Well... since 99.5% of SUV buyers never tow anything or go offroad... there's probably not much point in including one with the vehicle.

Reply to
Bob