@ Transmition help??

Hello there:

We got my son's car (sentra 1993, 5 speed) about 3 years ago and it has been a very good car, unfortunately, in the last 4 days, every time my son put on

reverse, the transmission gets stuck, somehow he can only go to 5th of reverse, no lower gears, so what he does, he goes in reverse for about 40 feet or so and everything goes back to normal.

Any suggestions what could be? Maybe transmission oil?

Where do I check for it?

Does it sound bad? (New transmission?)

Thank you for your replies.

M. snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com Please remove nospam to reply.