What is under my front passenger seat??

My '93 Pathfinder XE has some kind of electronic device under a plastic cover under the passenger front bucket. When I look at from the rear seats it has a red and green LED that are not lit up. Some kind of adjusting screw on it also. What is it??? What does it do??? I won't mess with it until I know more. Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Ben

Thats your computer for the car :D........ it adjusts the engine ( and ac emissions etc perhaps ) dynamically.

Michael

......btw the adjusting screw is for emissions control.... it should only be adjusted IF ya know how to do that and if ya have the equipment ...... thats a tweak control for the smog checkers....You will also find engine codes being coded by those LEDs ... See a Haynes manual for a further explanation......

That is the self destruct mechanism incase you get over run by Romulans.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Reply to
LGerlack