'00 max Mechanics Can't Solve.HELP. Rattle/Whiney

Here is the exact quote from the original post..............

"grade fuel i was using, and i said regular- he suggested I step up to the next grade to see if that helps..."

I do know how to read.......

Reply to
common_ sense

Just to piss you off maybe?

I have had a couple Maximas and it was pretty well the same with them all. Never had an'00 though. Is yours your first?

Reply to
No One

I never said you couldn't.

Did you get this part? "It used to be that it took a lot to hear this rattle, and I couldnt hear it if i was in neutral, only when it was in gear. For the most part, I still need to be in gear to hear it."

Did you understand that? How many times have you made your vehicle knock with regular fuel in NEUTRAL?

Also this part.

"The second sound I notice now is a whiney sound whenever I step on the gas. The revving of the engine sounds off- like a little too high pitched-.. I can be in neutral and Hear this sound."

Doesn't sound like an octane ussue to me.

It doesn't really matter as I am not looking for an argument. I was simply stating that your comment about his Maxima 'requiring' premium was not correct. That seems to be the view of the couple others that have posted in this thread as well.

I know premuim is better, just not required.

Reply to
Nobody

how is posting facts being "pissed off"

IT NEEDS 91 OCTANE fuel,,,

Reduced performance using 87, means"reduced" performance.

Reply to
common_ sense

again,,you need to READ

"I couldnt hear it if i was in neutral" - in reference to the rattling noise.

what is it about "couldnt" hear it you do not understand ?

that would be as in - could not hear.....as in only happened under acceleration.

A high pitched whine is not due to low fuel quality...and thats not the posters original primary question.

Reply to
common_ sense

You are posting facts. You are posting your opinion. The manual says 87 is OK just not the best.

Not according to the manual. Are you smarter than the guys that wrote that manual? If so, why don't you work for Nissan and help write the next one?

Your fuel door says: "Premium Fuel Recommended for Maximum Performance"

Recommended MEANS recommended NOT must use.

So, I gather it IS your first one. Funny how having one Maxima makes you an expert.

BTW, you are far too sensitive, I was only kidding about the piss off thing. If your skin is that thin, perhaps usenet isn't the place for you.

Reply to
No One

I read fine. I also comprehend quite well. Something you seem not too good at.

"It used to be that it took a lot to hear this rattle, and I couldnt hear it if i was in neutral, only when it was in gear. For the most part, I still need to be in gear to hear it."

What part of used to be don't you understand? Do you comprehend what 'for the MOST part' means? I will help you. It maens MOST of the time but NOT always. Want to give it another try?

That would be as in CAN hear it in neutral, just not all the time. I find it strange that, being the expert you are, you never asked him if the car needed to be under load to hear the noise. If it makes the noise when he has backed off and is coasting, in gear, would it be caused by regular fuel in your expert opinion?

That was a rhetorical question by the way.

Good guess.

The OP said "I have two sounds(used to be just 1 until about a couple of days ago)

What part of 'two sounds' do you fail to understand? You took it on yourself to decide which fauult was most important to him. When you assume things you set yourself up for mistakes.

He also said: "One other thing to note is that this sound(s) usually only occur after the car has been running for 10-15 minutes- then i can't get it to stop."

Does your car 'ping' even when you don't have your foot in it? Do you think putting premium fuel in it will stop it pinging at zero throttle?

Pay attention to your name and try using a bit of it.

Reply to
Nobody

he never posted anything like that,his car pings on acceleration, not at idle. He never said anything about idle.

and exactly what is your insane complusive proplem with my name, and commas??

Reply to
common_ sense

So "OK" equals best performance,,??

Funny how owning the very car you do not makes me an expert.

Reply to
common_ sense

Has anyone noticed that the OP has not returned. You don't suppose all this ridiculous BS scared him off?

Reply to
E Meyer

He posted EXACTLY that as I cut it from his original message.

Where did he say that?

No one said anything about at an idle. I said not under load. Do you understand the difference? You can be reving high and not be under load.

Commas? Can you read? I said "Pay attention to your name and try using a bit of it". You name is 'common_ sense'. That is what I said you should use. You been on the peyote?

Reply to
Nobody

Who said anything about OK? You said required. I said bullshit. End of story. You are wrong and that is all there is to it. Let me try again. Premium fuel is NOT required to run the car. It is for maximum perforamnce. You suggest damage if you run regular. I say bullshit to that as well.

That would be better in English. I think you said you own the same car as I do. You don't.

Perhaps you meant to say: Funny how owning the very car you do does not make me an expert. That makes much more sense.

Reply to
No One

Probably. Then again, that was the only message the person had ever posted. He doesn't seem to have posted anything anywhere else either. Surely he isn't that scared ;-)

Reply to
No One

From 2000 Nissan Maxima SE Owner's Manual on pg 10-2 Technical and consumer information:

Recommended specifications

Unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of at least 91 AKI (RON

96)*1
Reply to
Bob

I see you are another that figures 'recommended' is the same as necessary. Recommended is necessary for the best performance. If you only drive around in the city, you don't need it. That is why they say recommended. If any engine damage would happen without premuim fuel, they would say necessary or must be used or something like that.

BTW, how do you manage to get your messages spaced so poorly? I had to do a lot of repair to get it legible. Wait I see now. OE, figures.

Reply to
No One

so optimum or best performance is not something you want from a 30k car...?? Spark Knock, retarded timing, and low fuel mileage are worth saving 5 percent per gallon? Hmmmm...????????

and if all you worry about is commas, spacing, and format in peoples postings - then you need to get yourself some serious professional psychiatrist help.

Reply to
common_ sense

Thanks ,,,,

That is what it says - as is common for most high performance engines.

Why anyone would make up nonsense to support using anything else is beyond me?

Apparently there is a cult of psychotic "low gas price" at any cost junkies that simply can not read, or understand the basics of combustion theory.

Reply to
common_ sense

In no post have I ever suggested damage.

and again - instead of an intelligent post - we get a 5th grade english teacher critiquing the spelling checkers program.

Reply to
common_ sense

No actually that's what the original poster, who was using reg gas, was asking about - a rattling noise under load.

Not at idle, but when he was in gear, under acceleration.

His mechanic even told him to try premium.

What is it with basic reading comprehension that plagues this news group.???

Reply to
common_ sense

I guess you don't know what the 'knocking' does then. Perhaps you should learn more before you give advice.

No, what we get is someone that has a true clue instead of some kid driving his first car or, dare we say, his parent's car.

Remember, I am not the only one that has told you are full of shit on this. It appears to be the general concensus.

Reply to
No One