04 Maxima Two Quick Questions

1) Is the 12V outlet to the left of the front passenger on the floor always on? For example, am I in danger of draining the battery if I leave my radar detector plugged into that outlet?

2) In the cold weather (below 32F), the outside door handles (on any door) seem to stick a little in the "open" position. You pull the handle, and it stays open -- doesn't snap back unless u push it. Can I put grease in that mechanism? I tried a tiny bit of silicone spray, but it didn't help. Above 32 F the mechanism doesn't have any problems. I was thinking of some actual grease from the hardware store that will stay there, not a spray-on solvent. Good idea?

-Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

The 04's have an outlet down there? What for??

The quick way to find out is to remove the keys, exit and lock the car, and see if it stays on. Give it a minute in case it is somehow associated with the courtesy lamp timeout.

I imagine the draw from a radar detector is pretty low and it would take a few days to drain the battery to a no-start condition. Better safe than sorry though :)

Just an educated guess- Lubrication in this area will probably be a pain because it won't last long. Maybe the handles will free up after a little wear and tear from repeated use..?

As for lubrication type, a dense grease (like lithium) would probably last longest, but it'd be hard to apply in the right places unless you opened up the door itself. Spray stuff will get up there but probably won't last long.

Pat

Reply to
Pat

The manual states it's for "cell phones, etc" but it's in a not-so-convienent place. It's literally behind a panel, to the left of the passenger's left ankle.

Ok, thanks.

hahah, yeah exactly.

Ok, thanks. It's strange -- below 32F it sicks. At 33F or above, it's fine. LOL

-Jeff

Reply to
Jeff