1992 Nissan Maxima SErear door windows won't go down

1992 Nissan Maxima SErear door windows won't go down. Is there a saftey switch or fuse that controls them?
Reply to
Douglas Ritschel

On the driver's arm rest control button area, there's a passenger window (P/W) lock button right above your window switch group and below your door lock/unlock button. The P/W button locks out both rear AND right front passenger windows.

Reply to
Chris H

Shouldn't the driver be able to operate all windows from the driver's door, whether they are locked out or not?

Reply to
Douglas Ritschel

Nope. Most systems I've seen the only the driver door window switch isn't affected by the lockout button. All the others will be locked out.

Stephen Narayan | IASCA Pro Street 1-600 | IASCA Certified Judge 2003 Audio Perfection | snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca No System.....yup that's right. Why not check out my car audio museum :)

Stephen Narayan

Thanks Chris H. Although I have a newly purchased (used) 1998 Maxima, I was experiencing the same problem, and thought a fuse had blown. Was also having trouble identifying the particular fuse that causes this problem. After reading your answer I looked, and immediately to the left of the door lock button is a square button with a picture of a window with an X in the middle. I had accidentally pushed this in, and that locked the three windows other than the driver's window shut. I was just about to pull every single fuse out and inspect it, but thought I'd check on the Internet first!

Ed

Reply to
ed0755