2000 Maxima Ignition Key

Just had the immobilizer module replaced in my 2000 Maxima as the car wouldn't start. Of course, they gave me a new key.

My service manual says that the module will accept programming for up to 5 keys. Does that mean that my original key can be programmed to the new module or does the module require a specially coded key????

Thanks for any help.

Chuck in Dallas

Reply to
chuckin

this means ALL keys no matter new or used MUST be programmed to the new module or the car will not start, chances are the new key/keys as you put it is not registered..

If attempting to start the car with an unregistered key more than 3 times will cause the car to go into what is called lock mode. What this means is the car must be towed to the dealer so it can be released from lock mode, when and if this happen be sure to brink ALL the keys with you as they all will need to registered at the same time.

My guess is that you have already got the car into lock mode, so get out your check book and cell phone and call a tow company.

Reply to
NissTech