problems with 2000 nissan maxima

i own a 2000 nissan maxima GLE with auto trans. i am have a problem when i start my engine , it idles low then high and stalls some times. Then when i do let the car warm and drive i have problems with the transmission it takes and extra second or two for the gear to kick in.

Reply to
lillou771

the fuel econmy on my cars is not that great any suggestions.

Reply to
lillou771

Is your "check engine" light on? Sounds like a couple of different problems. How many miles? Has the transmission fluid ever been changed? Is it full?

Reply to
JimV

If the service history is like described, 200kmiles, youre lucky if it starts...

- Change Filter(s) & plugs, mentioned A/T oil.

- Bad Throttle Pos Sensor TPS affects tranny & cold engine, possibly like described.

- IACV idle adj valve becomes dirty 'after 80kmiles', needs cleanup.

- Bad Mass AirFlow sensor MAF?

- After those, run self diag w a tester. For info follow link(s) below...

Reply to
Wiikinki

no check engine light. changed the transmission fluid was changed at 58,913 miles. The car currently had 63,173 miles. Also the OVERDRIVE comes up almost evert time i drive.

Reply to
lillou771

The car does run and is dependable but i know it has problems with the engine ect. i am willing to fix all problems. its a great car. aslo if u can recomend any auto shops that would be a great help. i went to my nissan dealer but they dont really help me out as much.

Reply to
lillou771

When you say "Also the OVERDRIVE comes up" what exactly do you mean? Does it start to flash?

Reply to
JimV

Run diagnostics for Engine & Tranny. What error codes comes out?

Some say autozone does this free on some areas... But if u seriously want to be ont top of your vehicles service in the future, purchase a tester.

Reply to
Wiikinki

i have to change the cv boots in the front on boths sides. i can do it my self just woundering if i need a wheel aliment after ?

Reply to
lillou771

No, but the fact that you had to ask makes me think you might want to have someone else do them.

Reply to
JimV

...if i need a wheel aliment after ? Toe in alignment is easy DIY task, see

Wiikinki