2000 Maxima Won't Start

My wife arrived home from work this evening and parked in the garage. When she went out later to to somewhere, the car wouldn't start. The battery failed...it is the original...six years old...but I let it run bone dry. OK, kick my butt.

I replaced the battery with a new interstate but the car still won't start. I hear the fuel pump charge the system when charging the ignition, the starter cranks it butt off, but no start. My immediate thought is ignition.

When I apply starting fluid past the mass air flow sensor to the intake, it starts right up...therefore...good ignition. I must have no fuel flow.

My first thoughts are mass air flow sensor. It croaked on MY 2000 Maxima...yes, we have two.

Any thoughts??? NISSANTECH, WHERE ARE YOU???

Reply to
nogood