2001 Maxima SE 20th Aniv Ed - Cost Of Replacing ABS Sensor For Left Rear Wheel

I have the ABS light on in the dash. The dealer quoted me 5-6 hrs to replace the sensor. Does it really take that long? Anybody got information or experience?

Joel

Reply to
Joel

Hmm. This must be how the "stealership" nickname is 'earned': three screws & connector, six hours...

If u want exact info, u might find it via 'top left Favorite Links', clic link below

...the sensor is possibly like this:

Wiikinki

I think the sensor often seizes into the hub - so you basically end up having to pull the hub to drill out the old sensor stud, etc. etc... but I still can't beleive the book rate being 6 hours...

I would recommend that you call a few more dealers or mechanics to get quotes.

Nirav

Reply to
njmodi