87 maxima Security device

I am having trouble with a car I got from my mother-in-law. I cant get the security device to shut off. Is their a way to disable this? Currently I have to disconnect the battery then reconnect to be able to start the car. And the keypad doesnt allow the car to unlock but it allows it to lock.. Is there anything I can do?? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Reply to
martex

hmm, ok there is a box in the back of the car in the trunk. Looks likean ecu. There it has printed the master security code. You can reset your keypad this way so that it will work. Now,If your security light is always blinking, most possibly its the hood security switch. Just disconnect it and it should stop. Also It can be either of the door switches. If you find the faulty one, take it out. This should help you.This samething happened to me. Oh also if it doesnt let u start it.Simply open the door and with the door open, lockit. Unock it with the key and it shouldallow you to start it. The car thinks itis being stoen...thats why it wont turn on. I believe same applies to wagon models.

-hec

Hector Reports Spam

did I mention there is asecond generation nissan maxima club?? just search yahoo for second generationmaxima.Also... maxima.org has a group of second gen people.

-hec

Hector Reports Spam