95 Maxima Corner Lights... HELP!!!!

Does anyone know how to change the bulbs for the corner lights in a 1995 Max? I had one person tell me that I needed to remove the screw at the top that connects the light to the chassis and then it just pops off but that is not working for me. Please help!!!

Reply to
ahoran

According to the pictures in my 95 Max owner manual, you remove the screw at the top. Then pry with a screwdriver between the cornering light and the headlight assembly to push the front of the cornering light away from the car. Use a cloth around the screwdriver to protect the lenses (and I would add: hold the assembly so it does not fall down and scratch the paint. It will just dangle by the wire). That should dislodge the cornering light assembly, so you can access the bulb. Then it looks like you need to twist something near the base to remove the bulb or perhaps a retaining ring. Good luck. Bob

95 SE Auto 89 SE Auto traded
Reply to
BeeP

Bob, thanks for the info but it still didnt work. I think that there is a clip on the bottom of the light that is connected toward the bumper that I can not seem to unhook. Do you have another suggestion? I am going to try and crawl under the car and see if I can see anything that way. Thanks again.

Reply to
ahoran

That is all I could think of, based on the sketchy illustrations in the owner manual. Perhaps your fender or bumper has been tapped, and is a little out of alignment, making the assembly hard to remove? Bob

Thanks

Reply to
BeeP

There is not a clip but a knob on the corner light that fits into a rubber socket. Kind of hard to explain but once you see it you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. As suggested before use a small flat tip screw driver to slightly pry the corner light away from the headlight. You should be able to see the knob and socket through the opening created. I then use the screw driver to assist the knob out of the socket and the light then comes right out.

hope this helps

Reply to
Dean Dummitt

Hi !

My 98 Maxima, when started in the cold, squeals a lot. I took it to the dealer (for other things really (O2 sensor)) who tightened the belt and told me it should be OK. It's not improved much ever since.

It seems to be related to the power steering, because the sound stops for a while if I'm driving straight, and starts again when I turn to either side (all within the first couple of minutes.)

Although I'm trying to get to the dealer ASAP (I'm no car expert), I need to make a 4-hr (one-way) trip this weekend. If I don't get an appointment, would you recommend it's safe to do so (of course, I realize that this answer would be more of a guess, but I'd like your opinion nevertheless.)

Everything else is in top condition, and this sound lasts only for about a minute or two -- that too, only if it's exceptionally cold (sub-zero.)

Thanks in advance, :)

Reply to
Manas Tungare

Reply to
OverlookingMars

Thanks, OverlookingMars!

Well, that's what I want to do ASAP! The dealer said that it's been cold around here, so that might have caused it and it should be safe to go (of course, he added that he can't say for sure until he's seen it, but he can't see it until Monday, so ...) :)

Reply to
Manas Tungare

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that I was going to have to put all my body weight into getting this thing off. I got it though. Thanks for all your help!

Reply to
ahoran