96 maxima braking vibrations

Hi, my maxima has 54k miles on it. One night, i stopped at a stop light and noticed my pedal vibrating. I also heard some sort of grinding noise. This only happens after i drive with high speeds(highways). Everytime I get off the highway and come to a stop, i get a squeaky sound when slowing down followed by vibrations from the brake pedal and floor when almost coming to a complete stop. Anyone know a solution to this?

Reply to
Element

Go see a garage immediately. The vibrations indicate warped rotors (not a problem, just an annoyance), and the squeak could mean the pads are wearing out (at 54k it's time). Go ASAP because those pads could be a safety issue and will be a safety issue if you wait too long.

I suggest not replacing the rotors with OEM parts - the equivalent aftermarket rotors are cheaper and better.

Dave

and noticed my pedal vibrating. I also heard some sort of grinding noise. This only happens after i drive with high speeds(highways). Everytime I get off the highway and come to a stop, i get a squeaky sound when slowing down followed by vibrations from the brake pedal and floor when almost coming to a complete stop. Anyone know a solution to this?

Reply to
David Geesaman

When was the last time you changed front brake pads. With a lot of competition driving my 95 SE front pads would only last about 30k miles.

Have you ever replaced your parking brake cable. If that gets corroded (stuck) the rear brakes may drag and wear out. If not for that, the rear pads would probably last indefinitely.

Or you could have a seized caliper which is not releasing. But I only had that happen with a 4WD Subaru that was repeatedly driven in deep water.

Reply to
David Efflandt