97 max headlights, speaker and starter help

hey all.

new to forums and to trying to fix up my max. asking for a little guidance....

1.- What's the trick to getting my old headlights off to put in new ones .. have new ones ready to go??? 2.- what size are the door and rear speakers and how do I get to them to replace? Blown mine andhave 6" new ones from friend that AI could put in there?? 3.- bigger prob is I think my starter and flywheel are wearing each other out and may need to replace both. Here's the deal. The starter coil stays engaged for a few extra seconds at startup which creates a spinning/grinding sound everytime. Now starting to sound like my starter is beginingn to go. Guy at shop said I may need to replace both the starter AND the flywheel [the expensive part] but that maybe the problem could solved by using a shim to set the starter more engaged to the flywheel.

Can you offer any assistance here?? Thanks for help and for reading. out--

Reply to
brewdog2020

is good for finding pastdiscussions.

These are common issues.

1) New bulbs are simple - with the hood up, remove the headlight electrical connector, then I think there is a wire clip that needs to pop off. Then twist the bulb until it releases from the housing. I've never done the entire headlight assembly.

2) I suggest going to crutchfield.com and seeing what they have listed for the car. Offhand, I remember installed 6.5"s front and back.

3) The starter bendix (gear) is starting to stick. The flywheel is probably not damaged, but the starter is living on borrowed time. You can take out the starter, carefully clean and grease the mechanism, and maybe make it last a long time. Or, buy a new starter and move on with your life, it's your choice.

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman