Coils for 2000 Maxima

Hi Everyone...

New to this newsgroup and sure the coil problem with the 2000 Maxima has been discussed before. I have located a source and wanted some feedback on any problems dealing with "Nissan-Auto-Parts-Dealer.com"? I'm about to fork over $300 for six coils and want to make sure that the replacement coils are in fact the re-engineered ones. Anyone have experience dealing with the dealer? BTW: local Nissan dealer wanted $540 for the coils and $300 to install....OUCH. I tried Nissan's goodwill approach, but, no luck.

Regards...Bob

Reply to
Bob Rasmussen

I know of others that have successfully ordered from the website you mention above. I can't personally vouch for them, but can recommend either

or
for wholesale pricing. I checked the jrnissanparts.com website and I believe the coils were about 50 bucks each there too. They are a reputable dealer and all my dealings with them have been excellent (all over their website). I know there are two brands of coils, Hanshin and Mitsubishi and right now I cannot recall which one you want to avoid (i.e. more prone to failure)... I believe most places carry both... perhaps someone else here recalls the preferred manufacturer... or one of the parts guys at the dealers mentioned above could point you in the right direction.

Nirav

96 Max GLE, 106k
Reply to
Nirav J. Modi

They seem legit but don't have a phone number of any kind, just an email form. You could probably ask them and find out.

has a similar website, in fact =it looks like the same shopping cart software as the one you listed. But 1stnissan has their phone number on their site, I'd call them and have them check the part #'s to see if they're the revised coils. The reason I recommend them is they're a dealership in Washington state, Advantage Nissan, I think.

Reply to
Dave Stone

Reply to
john smith