Intermittent Squeal on '99 SE 5SP

Hi, I have a '99 SE 5Speed and I been noticing an intermittent high pitch squeal that seems to be coming from the rear driver's side wheel. It started 3 days ago and happened only when backing up. Today I noticed it occurring as I was driving at highway speeds. Any one have an idea on the cause of the noise? Thanks in Advance

Reply to
TY

Wear indicators on the brake pads I imagine.

Reply to
JimV

Yep, sure will.

Reply to
JimV

Possibly, especially if parking brake cable is sticking. So when you check rear brakes, make sure parking brake cable is free. Mine got stuck years ago, but I have a 95.

Reply to
David Efflandt