Powered Radio Antenna

Hi, I have a 99 Maxima GLE. My radio antenna doesn't go all the way down when the radio is switched off. How can I fix it. My dealer was asking for something like 150 bucks to fix it.

ukwldkat

Reply to
ukwldkat

The usual thing that happens is that the plastic portion of the antenna mast which wraps around a pulley in the antenna mechanism breaks. When a new mast is installed, the broken portion of the mast must be removed in order to it to function properly.

Masts are available for around 18-20 dollars on Ebay. It isn't a huge job to remove antenna mast, then the mechanism, open it, remove the broken piece, reinstall the mechanism and then install the new mast. Having a helper is good to power the radio on and off when reinstalling, but it can be done by one person. About a 30 minute job.

96 SE M
Reply to
Mike