Re: 03 Max a gas guzzler?

I just picked up a 03 Max GLE with 47000Km and and it seems to be the same situation with me as well. But i have a question. Do i really have to use Gold gas? or can i use silver or bronze? What should be my concerns and does on give me more KM's than the other?

Reply to
<fullerfuller0423

S. Church

Reply to
S. Church

situation with me as well.

or bronze? What should be my concerns and does on give me more KM's than the other?

Premium does give better mileage, not to mention the car's engine performs a heck of a lot better.

I can actually tell the difference when I put in 92 octane vs. 93 octane.. the car needs premium. Otherwise you're just driving an expensive Taurus.

Reply to
Rich

situation with me as well.

or bronze? What should be my concerns and does on give me more KM's than the other?

agree,,,91 or better octane, its only 6 perecent more at present gas prices,,

It will "run" on lower octanes, but it will ping and drag, and get reduced mileage - its a high compression engine design.

Reply to
common_ sense

situation with me as well.

or bronze? What should be my concerns and does on give me more KM's than the other?

I agree. It's false (though tempting) economy to use anything less than

  1. I definitely lose a couple MPG if I run regular, though it doesn't ping or anything.
Reply to
JimV

situation with me as well.

silver or bronze? What should be my concerns and does on give me more KM's than the other?

I've always used premium since getting the car (around 4mos now) so I don;t know how it compares to the reg grade of gasoline. A side note: I did notice a slight improvement in fuel economy (approx 2L/100k) when I recntly switched from Esso (91) to Sunoco (91) (Here in Toronto) although this also coincided with the end of winter so I'm not really certain of the actual factor responsible for the improvement.

Just a quick question in regards to "pinging" and or "knocking" that you guys rerfer to . Is this the sound that u sometimes hear from the engine after switching the car off. If so, I get this sometimes even though I only use premium. Any suggestions/comments?? Thanks

Go Raptors!

Reply to
aly78