Re: Can anyone identify this hose? (97 Maxima SE)

that is the vent hose for the automatic transmission.

Hi all, > > I've been having stalling problems with my 97 Maxima SE (auto, 168k > miles), and while looking around my engine bay the other day, I noticed > a hose that wasn't connected to anything! > > Could someone identify the hose indicated by the yellow arrow in the > attached picture? What is it? Should it be connected to something? > > This photo was taken from the left side of the engine bay, looking right. > > Thanks! > > Joel >

----

Reply to
NissTech

It's not hanging free at all if you look it, it is being held to that breather hose with a clip and further down another clip.

That hose is attached to the top of the transmission and is routed upward .

Reply to
NissTech

Reply to
Pooty Lizard

That hose freaked me out the first time I noticed it too. I quickly found another Maxima, saw the same hose and was OOOHHH KAAAY:)

By the way, automatic transmission vent hose? I had in my 5-speed.

CD

Reply to
Codifus