Re: switch from volvo to nissan maxima

Hello,

> >I am a lifelong volvo owner but am seriously considering foregoing >purchasing a volvo s70 for a nissan maxima. I've basically heard over and >over again that nissan in general, and that the maxima in particular, is >very reliable with a high quality product. Are there any volvo owners out >there who are now driving maximas? > >Thanks. >
Reply to
Veeffer

I currently own a Volvo 850 non-turbo and a 3rd Gen Maxima. Stock for stock, the Volvo is better in every way. If you are looking to mod the car, then the Max is better. I could build a monster own of my Maxima, whereas there's nothing I can do to get the Volvo over 175hp.

Reply to
JimZ

The Volvo is a luxury car and should be compared to the BMW, Acura, M Benz, Jaguar, Lincoln etc.. . May be the Max has no boundary because I have seen it compared to the Hyundai, the Galant, the Camry, the Accord-Acura the BMW, the Volvo, the Benz 320 etc.. sweeping such a wide range. It is unfair to the Max when people think that it can be anything or do anything. WHAT A GREAT CAR!

I just Michelinized my 2002 with a set of Pilot Sports and I think it rides as good as a Aero 9-5 SAAB now.

stock, the Volvo is better in every way. If you are looking to mod the car, then the Max is better. I could build a monster own of my Maxima, whereas there's nothing I can do to get the Volvo over 175hp.

Reply to
boubi