Repairing Power Window Switches

Greetings,

On my '89 Maxima I've had ongoing problems with the master power window switch assy on the front driver side. Has anyone out there figured out a way of repairing these things? They're expensive and I'm on my 3rd one.

Any help appreciated, Thanx, Mike

Reply to
Mike Coyle

Did you ever save an old one to "play" with? If you have to replace it, you can't break something that is broken is my motto. :-) Some have contacts you can get to and clean. Seems like the drivers window is the only one you can't fix because of the electronics for the auto down feature.

Reply to
Steve T

Reply to
john smith

I just bought my first replacement from a junk yard. They let me install it right in the parking lot before I paid for it. It worked fine, so I gave them the $25 they wanted. Seemed like a cheap fix to me (it's $125 at a dealer).

I have removed and completely disassembled it trying to clean it up so the driver's window would work. It did work for about 3 months, and then failed for good.

Find one at a junk yard if you can. '89-'94 SE and GXE should all be the same for this part. You'll get the entire assembly, buttons and all. I mixed and matched the best looking buttons and put them on the new switch. Works great, and looks better than it did.

Bill G '91 SE Auto

168,301 miles

Reply to
Bill G