sqeak sound - stops when it's warm

I have this horrible sqeak sound from my 95 maxima, and I don't know what to do.

At first I thought it was the belt so I put on the belt dressing, but the sound continues.

It's very hard to find out where it's comming from, because sometimes it makes the sound and sometimes it doesn't.

The thing I noticed was

  1. It usually makes the squeak when you start the car and idle. If you drive, the sound still continues, but after a while it goes away.

  1. It seems to be making the sound when it's cold. when warm sometimes it doesn't make the sound.

Reply to
jaekim

check the belts

replace as needed

Reply to
NissTech

replace as needed

don't know

dressing, but

because sometimes

idle.

it goes

warm sometimes

Reply to
Boots Crofoot

I think I am going to try to loosen the belt.

Maybe it's too tight.

Belt looks okay..

Reply to
jaekim

Replace the belts!

Reply to
Monte

Common.. give me some more info.

I loosened it a little and it doesn't make the sound any more.

Do you still think I need to replace the belt??

I thought belt need to be replace only if it has cracks.. etc..

Reply to
jaekim