Latest threads in Nissan Maxima Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

96 Maxima SE speedometer sensor location?
Hi all, My 1996 Maxima SE speedometer sometimes reads zero when the car is moving. After a Google search, it sounds like I simply have to reseat the speedometer sensor. But I can't find the darn...

Draining coolant on A32
Any tips on the best way to access those block drain plugs on the VQ engine (A32 series)? Anyone got a 'how to' URL? Thanks.

maxima GXE vs SE question
Hi, looking at a 2001 max. found a car that seems to be what I want (5 speed, leather in dash cd changer, sunroof) but, was wondering if there are any mechanical differences between the Se and GXE....
5
5

front wheel oscillation
hi everyone, i have an'89 maxima with 75,000 miles and a strange front and rear brakes have just been problem is that there is an oscillation at very low speeds(10 to 15mph) on a flat surface coming...
4
4

Nissan Navigation CD's
If you are still interested I have MCA 6 and would like MCA 8. Let me know. Thanks
2
2

wanted : Maxima wheels and tires
Hi everyone, I want to buy a set of 16 inch OEM wheels and tires from a Maxima to fit my Acura Legend. I live in Toronto Canada, and would prefer a local pick up if possible Email me at if you have a...
1
1

RE: Buying a 4th Gen Maxima SE
I have a 4th gen my self is a 97 SE 5spd and I love it. There is just minor things like small sattles and the good ol real axle. You can get more info from

2000 fuel requirments
My dealer tells me to use the mid/range fuel. Do you all agree with that as I see some posts say the 2000 and up are made to use the high test?
3
3

Faulty PW switch / heat-sensitive?
The PW switch for the front passenger side has recently developed a bad habit. When it is hot (75-80 or higher) the window will go down but it will not come up. At night or in early morning when the...
1
1

Where to Buy O.E.M. parts?
I have searched the web for parts for my 94 Maxima and 92 Stanza but there is always a new or different place for recently I am looking for front end parts like control arms,ball joints etc. Does...
3
3

Prestone 5/150 coolant any good ? Says Dex-Cool certified but silicate free
Can any of the tech guys comment on Prestone 5/150 silicate-free extended life anti-freeze? I just put the yellow bottle prestone in about 4 months ago and read that silicates are NOT good for my max...
21
21

Forgive my ignorance
Hi, group - it's been a while. Time to turn in the '92 SE - I'm looking at either a 2K or 2K1 SE. Questions - I know the 2K has the 3.0L V6 - does 2k1 also, or the 3.5L? Is premium required for...
2
2

Re: Nissan GPS: Compare with Street Atlas/Laptop?
As someone who has had the Nissan/Infiniti CD based NAV system and currently has both the DVD based system (in a Q-45) and a Garmin StreetPilotIII, all I can tell you is, go for the Garmin SPIII....
2
2

Coolant change on 98 Max
Any suggestions on the best type of coolant to use in the 'VQ' engine? I have seen both the 'old' Ethylene Glycol coolant and the newer 'Mono Propylene Glycol' antifreeze - the 'new' stuff is claimed...
8
8

Ping NissTech...CH Sensor question
NissTech, The cylinder head temperature sensor is a little unique. Am I correct that you don't have to drain the coolant to replace it? It just transfers heat by pressing against the head metal,...
1
1