Latest threads in Nissan Maxima Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Buying a Maxima
I'm in the market for a Nissan Maxima and I have a few questions regarding what kind of new Maxima I should buy. What are the best years interms of reliability? Is it better to get a Maxima with low...

flush or not to flush
I have 2001 Nissan Altima. 62000 miles and I though it is a good time to do some check ups here and there. Transmission fluid replacement is one of them. While I do not experience any problems with...
8
8

1995 Nissan Maxima SE Manual Transmission
I have a 1995 Nissan Maxima SE with a manual transmission. The clutch first went at 90K miles. After getting it replaced by Nissan, it would slip every once in a while. At about 140K miles I decided...
6
6

HID Conversion Kits?
I've just picked up a 2001 SE and I'm looking into converting the headlamps to HID, has anyone here done this and if so, what would you reccomend as far as a simple-to-install kit? Thanks! SB
2
2

More horsepower?
I've been thinking of purchasing a new Maxima but seeing as the Altima has more horses, is there any word on whether Maxima will be getting more horsepower in '08? Why did they give the Altima more...
4
4

nissan maxima 2002 key stuck
well my battery died this morning and i went to jump start it with a nieghbors car as soon as i connected the positive cable the alarm went off....i realized my key wasn't in the ignition as i was so...
2
2

Stiff passenger door - 2000 Maxima
The passenger door of my 2000 Maxima has gotten progressively stiffer over the years, to the point now that it nearly takes a body builder to close it. My wife rarely closes it on the first try, and...
2
2

03 Max a gas guzzler?
Hey maxima fans, just bought my first Max, an '03 Max SE auto with 46 K km. I've had it for 2 months now and am impressed (used to drive an Accord 4cyl!!). I've put about 2K km on it so far. I have a...
20
20

Exterior lighting and squeaky suspension
This post is a little more aesthetic in subject than most posts in this forum, but has anyone had any good experiences when trying to find replacement lights for a 95-99 maxima's exterior lighting...
7
7

Homelink with Genie Opener
I just moved into a new home that has a Genie door opener. Can anyone tell me the easiest way to program my 2001 Maxima's Homelink to work with it? I didn't see any buttons on the opener, as the...
1
1

1991 Maxima -- Car shakes when driving intermittently
I have a 1997 Maxima and I noticed that when I drive, intermittently, the car starts to shake for a few minutes and then stops. The biggest shaking occurrs around 50 - 60 mph but the car does shake at...
3
3

96 Maxima Water Pump
I am curious if anyone has replaced a 4th generation Maxima water pump before. I am thinking about doing it myself. I have done many things to my car myself but I am leery about this work. I have the...
2
2

96 Maxima O2 problem?
I have a 96 Max with over 285k miles. I have never really had many issues with it beyond the usual maintenance and wear and tear. However, for the last 3 years, almost all of my emission sensors have...
3
3

87- Windshield washer tank
My 87 Maxima has developed a leak in the tank that holds the fluid for windshield washing. My maintenance manual does not show location or how to change this tank. Maybe the tank is near the right...

93 Maxima oil leak at timing belt cover
I noticed a good sized oil leak coming from my moter. Upon inspection, I found the oil was coming from the place where the top timing cover and the bottom timing cover meet together. I found one bolt...
2
2