Latest threads in Nissan Maxima Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1996 Maxima O.D. Problem
My 1996 Maxima make a series of quick slips, or what I would call a "judder" when it shifts into overdrive. It also seems to jerk and shift hard when it downshifts out of overdrive. Is this just a...
1
1

replacing the BOSE system in my maxima
Hi people, I want to replace my bose system in my 01 Maxima SE. I am not at all pleased with the sound compared to my 95 Maxima SE. Any recommendations?
7
7

Satellite & GPS system for 2005 Nissan Maxima
I'm wanting to replace my existing car audio system with the latest CD, DVD, Satellite & GPS system. Could someone make suggestions for best make & model to fit within my dash? Also, will any of these...

1996 GLE: Electrical
A deer ran into the front of this car going about 45 mph. Damage was fixed by a body shop but they could not determine the cause of an electrical problem: Power antenna does not work Keyless entry...
5
5

Irony of Nissan sedans
The Nissan Maxima just came out as a new model for '09. Unlike most cars that grow, this car actually shrunk. But my point is that rear seat legroom for the sedans has a notion of less is more. The...

inradio
I have a 96 maxima and the antenea is not going up or down, however I can hear the motor running when I turn the radio on. The noise has not bothered me and I get good reception. However, the running...
2
2

Replacing Tie Rod Boots on 87 Max
I am replacing the tie rod boots with OEM Nissan boots, which come with a wire tie to secure the boot to the rack. I am concerned that the wire is so thin that it will cut through the boot over time...
1
1

02 SE check engine light on at 59,790
So the check engine light just came on and I am susperciously close to 60k miles. Still getting 28mpg on the highway and plenty of power. Does anyone think this is "programmed" to happen? Or should I...
4
4

87 Maxima 3 Wire Oxygen Sensor Circuit
I have a 87 Max where I am trying to test the 3 wire O2 sensor circuit before I replace the sensor. The car has 60K miles and has poor fuel mileage. The cyl head temp sensor connection was repaired...
1
1

2000 Max electrical issues
Hit a deer a few weeks ago, not much of a jolt, really. Just bent the hood and broke a headlight. Took to body shop, new hood + light + paint = $1600. Picked it up, and the charge and brake lights...
1
1

Dash/audio lights out on 2000 Maxima
At night, my dash and audio lights are out while in Auto mode. There doesn't appear to be any fuses directly labeled for these components. I did check the one fuse labeled for Audio but it was fine....
1
1

gas milage
1999 Maxima, 3000 6cyl. automatic, 127,000 miles, all filters and plugs new. What should milage be city and hwy? Thanks
2
2

CD Player
Battery was disconnected. Now CD player doesn't work. Does nothing when CD is inserted, but ejects it when car is shut off and restarted. Radio works fine.

93 maxima auto 4 dr
leaking oil from the front of motor somewhere. where do these babies leak from usually? its leaking bad, like 1L a week.
1
1

Cruise Control problem.
Hi, Interestingly I just replaced tires on my Nissan Maxima and my cruise control stopped working. Basically, I can arm the cruise control with the little switch on the dash and when I try to set it...
3
3