205 GRDT Fuel Pump Torque Setting

On a 'K' reg 205 GRDT with a Lucas/CAV fuel pump, is the torque setting for the main fuel inlet banjo bolt, the one that comes direct from the fuel filter. I had a split in the perished rubber fuel hose that runs verticaly up the back left handside of the engine compartment, but in the process of diagnosing it, I removed the main fuel feed pipe to check for fuel flow from the filter. Although I tightened it fairly hard, it is weeping fuel and therby letting air in (I reckon) because now the engine is not easy to start and often at low revs I get a burst of power that I didn't ask for. Up to the pipe splitting the engine was a dream, now its not! I definately need the torque setting as the Haynes manual only gives the distributed pipes unions and not the main feed banjo bolt.

TIA Wolfy

Reply to
Wolfy

I've never actually torqued those up, but check the washers are stilll there either side of the banjo, and in good condition and also the banjo bolt hasn't stretched. This also holds true for the inlet and outlet on the filter.

Reply to
Nigel

fit 2 new copper washers

Reply to