205 oil cooler

Ok so now i`ve got one to fit to my 1.6.... which way up does it go as i`ve seen pictures of it both ways.

Thanks

Reply to
Paulinho

Hi,

I guess there's no real way, one pipe in, the other out. Anyway, in case of a problem, (blocked rad, valve into the cooler), I guess the oil pressure would drop to 0, this lightening all red lights on (oil pressure, stop & water temp). I tend to guess that an oil cooler isn't necessary, even for racing purposes, moreover hillclimbs are not like Le Mans 24. I'd rather bet on a twin cooling fan (like Diesels).

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

One question - did you think you might have issues with it cooling you oil too much? I know its a different car but fitting an oil cooler to the celica GT4 is considered bad as it tends to keep the oil temp too low, despite the underbonnet temps getting mental with the turbo manifold glowing red after a short blast. Cold oil can be as bad as hot oil.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Im not really sure on the oil being to cold.....? I use Mobil 1 and have modded the fans to use 2 instead of the normal one... Is it a bad idea do u think to fit it.

Reply to
Paulinho