306 Cabrio Fuel Tank Level

I can never seem to get more than half a tank of petrol into our Phase 2 306 drop top. Is this a common problem or does it indicate some fault that needs to be sorted?

An odd one, but any comments very welcome.

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
newsonline

its a slow filler cos its a 2 part tank

Reply to
Mindwipe

Thanks for the reply - seems like it's a poor design as I've heard off list from other cabrio owners who have a similar problem. I've taken unbelievable amounts of time at the pump trying to coax in more fuel, but it never even approaches three quarter full.

Hadn't heard about the two part tank though - that's very interesting - is it split vertically or horizontally - or in some other way?

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
newsonline

One of my 205s takes forever to fill up too, do these also have split tanks? Just sit there for ten minutes going bzzzzz-click bzzzz-click bzzzzz-click...

Andy

Reply to
Andy J