bio diesel and TD5

Hi, A stupid question,,,i dont know. But I have a Defender, build 2003, TD5. can i drive it on bio diesel...??? Like sunfloweroil? Or ?? Thanks for replying.

Reply to
rob smit

so rob smit was, like...

Commercial biodiesel from a pump is, I believe, OK. That would be about 90% dino-diesel and 10% bio, and is considered to be OK for all engines (usual caveats apply).

If you want to use home brew, then do a Google search for biodiesel and be prepared for a hell of a lot of reading! There's lot of information out there, but very little agreement, as far as I can see. Google this group as well - there was a lot on this about a year ago.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I was under the impression that ordinary ULSD could have up to 10% bio-diesel anyway. Something on a pump labled "bio-diesel" having any dino-diesel in it would surely fall foul of the Trades Descriptions Act as misdescribed.

Understatement.

There is broad agreement in the processes but disagreement when it comes to how well you have to clean up/neutralise the product after some of the processes. Also disagreement about engine damage (or not) on the various forms of bio out there. From straight filtred frying oil to the processed stuff.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

If i were you i would NOT risk it i have had nemeurious cutsomert with TD5's that have had to have injectors replaced due to the bad quality of bio deisel

my opinoin is its not worth the saving considering the cost of new parts :)

Reply to
bellautos

Thanks to all the replyers. I think there has to be done alot of research before I can use biodiesel safely. Thanks Rob

"bellautos" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@raggamuffinlandyzone.co.uk...

Reply to
rob smit