307 5dr central locking problem

My 51 plate 307 ,has a intermitant problem with the central locking,locks fine,everytime,but when i unlock now and again the driver door wont unlock(all others fine),locking again then unlocking used to cure this but its getting worse,although when i use the key to unlock manually its ok...does anyone out there know the probable cause...thanks in advance.

Reply to
martyn malone

Worn door lock solenoid or accuator?? This is the motorised part which moves your lock either way to lock it or unlock it. It works ok when you you use the key because you're already giving the solenoid a push to move as you turn the key. I would take it in to your PUG dealer and ask them to replace this part. Sometimes a weak or dying battery can also show these signs of wear. Because you have 5 solenoids triggerring all at once, this will cause quite a strain on any battery. Dan.

martyn mal> My 51 plate 307 ,has a intermitant problem with the central locking,locks

Reply to
tricky4000

Yes, that is absolutely right. The battery condition may be an issue. Unlocking my 307 doors recently killed my 307 battery - which after 4

1/2 years, was due to be replaced soon, anyway.

Ed.

------------ And now a word from our sponsor ---------------------- For a quality mail server, try SurgeMail, easy to install, fast, efficient and reliable. Run a million users on a standard PC running NT or Unix without running out of power, use the best!

---- See

----

Reply to
Edwin

Reply to
bobbytinn

BobbyTin has got it all sorted. :) I would replace the battery and the solenoid at the same time. For that price, its not much to lose.

Dan

bobbyt> > Yes, that is absolutely right. The battery condition may be an issue.

tricky4000

bobbytinn

tricky4000

bobbytinn