406 Diesel Keypad Immobiliser failed

Hi all,

the keypad immobiliser has stopped immobilising on my 1997 406 exec 1.9 TD.

Fortunately, the engine runs, but I'm concerned over insurance implications.

Symptoms are: Green light on KPI all the time; attempts to reprogramme or service disable provide correct response beeps, but still starts without entering a code.

Anyone have a clue where to start?

cheers, JB

Reply to
Joe Bloggs

If the 406 immobiliser works like the one on our 306, it is activated when the driver's door is opened, so first thing would be to see if the switch on that door pillar for the interior light is stuck i.e. does the light come on when you open the door? If it is stuck, freeing it should put everything to rights; if it isn't, watch this space for the experts.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

"R.N. Robinson" wrote in message news:d6iagt$dv6$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...

some were slaved to the remote key so that when you opened the car it unlocked the keypad in your case i suspect the wiring behind it with the keypad being hinged on your model,the wiring breaks behind it pop the whole thing out of its holder and check the wires carefully a replacement section is available from peugeot which you can solder in

Reply to
mindwipe

Thanks all,

will try your suggestions and let you know for reference

JB

reprogramme

Reply to
Joe Bloggs