406 condensation in spare wheel well

Hi all just found this newsgroup. My problem is I get water in spare wheel well on my 406 2.1TD. caused I believe be condensation, a problem "common" to the 406. "Cured" by drilling small hole in well.Has anyone else experienced this.Also the water I believe has found its way into the rear passenger foot well under braking??? any comments.

Reply to
Christopher Whalley

Few small holes should solve water collecting problem in tyre well. The rear passenger footwell water would be more attributable to a blocked channel with regard to your sunroof (if you have one). If you haven't got a sunroof then would suggest checking for 'crud' collected in door rubber surrounds, forcing water to collect and spill into rear footwell. Don't think braking would have much to do with this ;)

Reply to
Longshot

Thanks for suggestions, car does have a sunroof, will checkout tomorrow morning and let you know outcome.

Reply to
Christopher Whalley

I had this problem with a Saab and it was simply water leaking in through a faulty seal around the boot - easily fixed.

Reply to
kkerrison

Sprinkle some Talcum powder around the boot area, especially round the rear lights ,, spray with water ,, then check for a water track in the Talc dust,

Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

Be careful - years ago I pop-riveted a rack to the bottom of the boot in my first Peugeot - a 504 - to hold my toolbox - wondered why the boot always smelt of petrol............

Reply to
kkerrison