405 clock illumination

Hi All,

1996 405 estate td LX Can anyone explain how to replace the illumination bulb in the digital clock,, or how to remove the clock !!! any help appreciated

Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

I'd like to know too. I "think" you remove the square blanking plugs from either side of the hazard warning linghts and similar on the right side of the steering (red led in middle), then remove the bolts behind, then lift off the hood which covers the whole main cluster. But I never got further than finding the bolt heads. After a while I just got used to not seeing the clock.

Reply to
Wichita

There are more screws than just those behind the switches.

First, there is one at the top behind a small triangular panel.

Second there are two pairs above the radio. In the HBOL you have to remove the radio to do those. I have managed without. Two are above the radio, set well back. A screw driver with a torx bit will reach those. The other two are facing upwards above the radio door. I have got those out with the radio door ajar and a torx bit held in mini-mole grips. Well worth avoiding taking out the radio in my opinion ... and I can see no need to replace those two screws, just the simpler ones at the back.

With the panel free to move the lamp holder(s) - I think remember a pair, can be removed from the back of the clock.

Myself, I am trying to get up the determination to replace all the speedo bulbs.

Regards

Reply to
Dave English

That's easy!! The real hard part is getting the speedo drive reconnected (as you may realise!!)

Reply to
Nigel

Thanks Dave, I will have a go at the weekend,

I did a few bulbs in the speedo head last month, and found it relatively easy, or shall we say, I didn't run in to any headscratching problems,

Regards Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy