406 Airbag warning

I have a 2000 2.0Hdi 406 estate, and the airbag warning light on the dashboard is now flashing constantly.

Is there any easy (cheaper than a dealer!) way to determine what the fault is and rectify it?

Reply to
wilkhaven

This is a common problem across various models but Google is your friend to find previous answers: see

Bob

Reply to
Bob Lurker

That is a tactful response! I usually nag about searching first.

Reply to
Ken

I had the same problem; the error were the cable connectors under the front seats.

Andy

"wilkhaven" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

Reply to
Andreas Rohrbach

I'm usually the first to moan when someone posts a question asked many times before, in my defence I was stuffed full of cold after a pretty horrendous day - apologies peeps!!

Anyway, it *was* the usual connector under the seat - pulled it apart, pushed it together and the light disappears! I'll do a more permanent repair when I get rid of this damned flu.

Thanx

Reply to
wilkhaven