How to open the bonnet of a 300 Tdi Disco

Hello chaps. I'm about to set about my dad's Disco with a gallon of petrol and some matches because I can't get the bonnet open. The release cable has been disconnected somewhere, pulling the handle does nothing, but the grille is largely missing, I may be able to activate the release if I had any idea what to do. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions, as I need to move it today, the battery is flat and he is in Canada.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Update: I jiggled, pulled, grunted and swore and it opened.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

It'll have been the swearing wot did it;-)

Reply to
John Williamson