clocked peugeot 406

I?ve just bought a peugeot 406 TDI S reg private and to my dismay I?ve found out it has been clocked. That?ll teach me to rush. Of course the police or trading standards don?t want to know . The last record I have of the mileage was 112,000 in 2002. its doesn?t look in bad nick. Apart from the obvious things to replace i.e Timing belt and auxillary belt. any other parts I might need to have a look at?

Thanks

saj

Reply to
saj

"saj" wrote: > I've just bought a peugeot 406 TDI S reg private and to my > dismay I've found out it has been clocked. That'll teach me to > rush. Of course the police or trading standards don't want to > know . The last record I have of the mileage was 112,000 in > 2002. its doesn't look in bad nick. Apart from the obvious > things to replace i.e Timing belt and auxillary belt. any > other parts I might need to have a look at? > > Thanks > > saj

How do you know it has been clocked?

Is mileage lower than last recorded?

Reply to
just4funUK

My old Xantia with the 1.9td engine has 160,000 miles up.Guess your true mileage will be about the same (or more if it was a taxi). Mine started to leak engine oil from the front main bearing and camshaft seals at about 120,000 miles. My man cured it by new seals a midges away from the old wear lines. There is a small oil drip from a drive shaft seal, ( think). Apart from leakiness at high mileage they're unburstable- provided they get serviced as per the book. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

"saj" wrote: > I've just bought a peugeot 406 TDI S reg private and to my > dismay I've found out it has been clocked. That'll teach me to > rush. Of course the police or trading standards don't want to > know . The last record I have of the mileage was 112,000 in > 2002. its doesn't look in bad nick. Apart from the obvious > things to replace i.e Timing belt and auxillary belt. any > other parts I might need to have a look at? > > Thanks > > saj

I only found out it was clocked once I was able to contact the previous owner which was a company before the guy I bought it off. There were quite a few things I suspect you don?t spot until after you buy the car which pointed to it. The dashboard looked as though it had been touched.Then again this is the first time ever its happened to me and I?ll just have to live and learn.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Saj

Reply to
saj