Dead Radio

I got a M Reg 306 from my sister and the radio (Blaupunkt 3030) is not working.

She says it hasnt worked since the AA gave her a jumpstart/hotwire. Turning on ignition brings a brief flash of backlight to the LCD but then it goes blank.

I have the code and the manual, and Ive tried entering it 'blind'

The red code LCD blinks regardless.

Anybody have any ideas as to whether its likely to be the head unit or the wiring leading to it that is burnt out?

Any help appreciated, Jake Lewis

Reply to
Jake Lewis

i doubt the wiring is burnt out.........does it actually say "code" on the display? there are 2 power feeds to the unit...one is to power the radio..and the other is for the radio memory......both need to be live to operate the unit..........it is possible that one of these may not be feeding the unit...check the radio fuse first..even if this is blown you may still get as you mentioned a brief flash using the power feed that is still working...

Reply to
steve

The old flashy sparkies on a jumpstart could easily take out the radio, a common problem was alternator rectiers going short with this treatment. You'd expect the AA to know how to do it right of course ;-)

Just check that it has both positives to it, if it's missing the 'always on' one it'd probably do something like that.

Rick.

Reply to
Rick Maninov