306 Radio dead

I have a 306 meridian 1999, on which the battery was disconnected. After re-connecting the battery the radio will not switch on. I am not even being prompted to enter the code, which I do have. I have checked the fuse, no 24 according to the Haynes manual, and it appears to be fine. Also all other electrical components are working.

The handbook for the radio calls it an "Audio RB1", there is no manufacture's label but I believe it is made by Philips. In the handbook it does mention that the radio will be permanently blocked after 14 incorrect attempts to enter the code. But as I say I didn't even get one. But wondered if disconnecting the battery has somehow caused it to go into a permanently blocked state. In which can it be unblocked?

I do not have the necessary tool to remove the radio, din keys, and to be honest changing a plug is about the extent of electrics knowledge. But I was wondering if there is something I have missed or could try?

Reply to
Phil

on some radio's there is also a fuse on the rear of the radio itself, usually a 10 amp, this may well have blown. GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

The standard radio in my wife's 306 meridian (V reg) doesn't use DIN keys as I know them to get it out, but the older system (2 holes on either side just the right diameter for coat hanger wire. Insert an inch or so and pull out the radio. When I removed ours it took a surprising amount of pulling even once the clips were disengaged.

Some radios (can't remember about this on) also have a 0.5A or similar fuse in the permanent live line - worth a look.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hodges

Chris,

My 306 is also a V reg and your description of the radio, which is a factory fit, sounds the same as mine, i.e. two holes on either side.

I'm sure I got a wire coat hanger somewhere.

Thanks to both of you for pointing out that there maybe another fuse. Although I don't undertand why, when there is one in the fuse box. But as I said electrics is not my strong point.

Reply to
Phil