Dealer trying to buy 307 ?

My Peugeot dealer just sent us a letter stating they have a customer wanting to buy a 307 the same age and model as ours and they'd like to buy it, offering 'up to 30%' discount against certain models of new car.

Seems like b#llsh^t to me, but we phoned them and they stated a standard book price trade in and another =A31k off the price of a new

307 (not exactly 30%).

Anyone experienced this before ? Is it a standard sales trick to try and get you in to buy a new car, in that you think they're desperate to buy your old one and so get such a 'big' discount and good trade in price (neither of which is true).

Cheers

-Dave

Reply to
dave

Seems like b#llsh^t to me, but we phoned them and they stated a standard book price trade in and another £1k off the price of a new

307 (not exactly 30%).

Anyone experienced this before ? Is it a standard sales trick to try and get you in to buy a new car, in that you think they're desperate to buy your old one and so get such a 'big' discount and good trade in price (neither of which is true).

Cheers

-Dave Ask them who that customer is and sell it to them direct. :)

It is all sales pitch.

Reply to
Brian

Wow, thats the same letter i got, dealer trying to buy the exact same car, model etc etc that i have. Mine went in the shredder. I can't stand Liar's, especially company's telling porky pies, you would think that the reputation of the dealers are bad enough already with out more bull to add to there list.

GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

Seems like b#llsh^t to me, but we phoned them and they stated a standard book price trade in and another £1k off the price of a new

307 (not exactly 30%).

Anyone experienced this before ? Is it a standard sales trick to try and get you in to buy a new car, in that you think they're desperate to buy your old one and so get such a 'big' discount and good trade in price (neither of which is true).

Cheers

-Dave You should ahve asked which models would get the 30% discount. Bet it would only be either the most expensive, or the one they have had on the forecourt for too long and have to get rid of it. But it will never be the model you actually want.

Reply to
Brian

My girlfriend was telephoned two years ago with a story very like this letter, the customer was home from America, he was looking to buy a car (Vectra GTS) the same age, model and spec as hers, big discount from the garage on a new model if she could help the garage. However the Vectra changed the model and spec and she couldn?t get a new GTS but the garage told her of the new model which is the replacement of the GTS ? with similar spec. We shopped around other garages to learn that the car the first garage offered her was not the replacement of the GTS and had a much lower spec, so do your homework before you buy the 307?

Bryan

Reply to
Speedie