Diesel fuel pump solenoid stuck open.

HI

I have a '93 Rover 418 TDI that has the Peugeot sourced XUD-9A Diesel engine fitted.

Yesterday the car wouldnt shut off despite taking the key out. I now stall to stop. I figure it is the fuel pump solenoid being stuck open and not closing off.

Do I hav to get this replaced or can I somehow take it out and repair or use WD-40 to free it?

Any further advice gratefully appreciated.

Cheers Staylong UK

Reply to
Staylong

If you look at the back of the pump, just above the 4 fuel outlet pipes, you'll see the solenoid. It has the crimp terminal fastened to the top with a small nut. It can be a pig to get at and need some of the bracketry removing. Once off, it's a very simple device. The plunger itself is in the diesel so wd40 is a waste of time. Before you remove it, check that the 12V feed from the car is going off with the ignition. You don't want to waste a lot of time with the plunger if it's not the problem.

Reply to
yeha

Thanks yeha. I have managed to find the offending bit. On the Rover it is at the front of the engine. Not a fiddly. Now just have to order a new one.

Stalong

Reply to
Staylong