Flashing airbag light problem and MOT

Hi guys,

My 306-TD has frequently suffered from the apparently well known flashing airbag light problem caused by some sort of loose wiring under the driver's seat. This was apparently "fixed" during my last service.

However the problem has reoccurred and I have an MOT coming up. Would this problem classify as an MOT failure?

Thanks, Sean

Reply to
Sean

As I understand it there is wiring under both front seats. On my 406 one was done and the other went a year later. I believe there is a connector of some description that has to be removed and the wires soldered together instead.

Reply to
Buccaneer

Fiddling around under the seat normally fixes things for a few weeks, and it doesn't really bother me that much. I just didn't want it to start during the MOT and for me to fail the MOT over it.

Thanks, Sean

Reply to
Sean

In answer about your upcoming MOT, I had my 406 collected from home just two days ago by the guy who did the MOT and brought it back, the car had passed btw. The airbag light started flashing as he was driving it. He pointed it out when he returned the car and said it was not an MOT matter then told me it was most likely the leads to the seat belt pre-tensioner sensors that were the cause of the problem.

Reply to
Robin Bendall

: > Fiddling around under the seat normally fixes things for a few weeks, and : > it : > doesn't really bother me that much. I just didn't want it to start during : > the MOT and for me to fail the MOT over it. : >

: > Thanks, : > Sean : : In answer about your upcoming MOT, I had my 406 collected from home just two : days ago by the guy who did the MOT and brought it back, the car had passed : btw. The airbag light started flashing as he was driving it. He pointed it : out when he returned the car and said it was not an MOT matter then told me : it was most likely the leads to the seat belt pre-tensioner sensors that : were the cause of the problem. : : did i not say no already or did you want a long speech about it

Reply to
Mindwipe

Dear Mindwipe, please could I have a long speech about how exactly to fix the airbag light problem. I've read pretty much all the posts on here over the past few months and am still unsure as to what wires to solder & or which connectors to replace. I need step by step instructions with nice colour pictures if possible :o) btw I have a 98 406 V6

Reply to
Chris

My limited experience shows that there is an orange connector under both the driver and passenger seats. Fiddling around with that tends to fix the problem. I rarely move the seats, so it it is a reasonable solution for me. This may or may not be satisfactory for yourself.

Sean

Reply to
Sean

if you dont want to remove the connector and solder the wires together then you could smply run a cable tie around the two halves of the connector and pull it tight,hence pulling the connection together also with the seat all the way back check the wiring to the acrual pretensioner which is the bit that usually unplugs itself,if its like apiano string then remove the clips and reroute it

Reply to
Mindwipe