Internal Fan noise

Hello all,

I have a really annoying noise comming from my internal heater fan. Sounds like some thing is inside of it, as it makes this periodic ticking noise that increases with fan speed. Can anyone tell me how to get at this fan?

Cheers.

Regards Gary

Reply to
G Cadman

Suppose it would have been helpful if I had said that it is a Vreg 2000,

406. 3.0 V6. Regards

G.

Reply to
G Cadman

Our 1998/S 306 has a noisy internal fan. Usually it is fine, but sometimes, and usually only on the lowest setting, you hear what I would describe as a squeak which sounds every revolution. I'm just guessing that the bearing or whatever is squeaking, and with higher speeds it's not noticable.

David Hearn

David Hearn wrote in news:dl2e7n$h3e$ snipped-for-privacy@slavica.ukpost.com:

Anyone know the reason why the 306 internal ventilation fan cannot be turned off?

Reply to
southpawArcher

In my 1998/S Pug 306 the fan setting dial has 0ff/0,1,2,3,4 and a recycle setting (which just closes the external vents, fan remains off).

David Hearn

Correct. But if you took the fan out you would notice it turning very slowly when the dial is set to 0. Don't know the reason but all Peugeots do it. At least the pre-mux ones.

Reply to
nigel

David Hearn wrote in news:dl9p99$97v$1 @slavica.ukpost.com:

That's odd... most Phase I/IIIs have 'auto' then a sliding scale from 'MIN' to 'MAX' (no 'OFF' though). Unless the lack of 'off' is a consideration to do with the air-conditioning (keep the air moving?).

The 307 does have 'OFF' though (and most have A/C).

Reply to
southpawArcher