Leak Peugeot 106 Quiksilver

i recently bought a W Reg peugeot 106 and noticed a slight smell of damp when i got in every morning. Then when there was heavy rainfall i also noticed water on the floor on the drivers side. water has now started leaking and dripping from the pedals and botom of the steering wheel. I have been told the leak is a windscreen leak so i am having my windscreen resealed, however i have lifted the carpet and the material undernaeath rather like fibre glass has become soggy and damp and mold appears to be growing. i want to remove the foam but dont want to replace the carpet, does anyone have any ideas as to what to do as it is extremly damp and smelly and needs to be sorted out, what do you think the best solution would be?

Reply to
johnnyo636

When you say you don`t want to replace the carpet I assume you mean for a new one ! What we do at when we have a water ingress on a vehicle at work is to unbolt the seats, remove the sill trims and centre consol etc and lift out the carpet and hang it up to dry. As for the sound proofing this should lift out as well - if it goes up behind the dashboard and you don`t want to remove this a nice sharp blade can be used to cut it just below the dash - then you need to hang this up to dry - once it is dry the smell should go as well - you can also bolt the seats back in while you are waiting for this to dry out and still use the care - your other option is if you know somebody with a de-humidifier put it in the car and leave it running for a day or two and let it do it`s stuff ! Hope this helps !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

. >i recently bought a W Reg peugeot 106 and noticed a slight smell of damp

Reply to
Me

I have found out the problem is not the windscreen and tested with th

hose on all edges of the windscreen. it is coming from somwhere belo the windscreen wipers and at the top of the bonnet. if anyone has n ideas. the water leaks only on the drivers side near the wheel arch an drips through under the carpet into the footwell. the underlay of th carpet is saturated and is beginning to smell and perhaps need replacing. the water also comes through the pedals. any ideas would b greatly appreciated. thanks

-- johnnyo63

this thread:

usenet

Maybe where the heater motor sits adjacent to the wiper motor under the wiper trim. Check to see that the drain holes are clear on both sides.

Reply to
nigel

Is it rainwater or coolant from a leaking heater matrix? Soak a tissue with it. Pretty colour and sweet smell of antifreeze will confirm. DaveK.

Reply to
davek