not sure what this warning light means - 306 Diesel Turbo

Hi all,
I bought a second hand M reg 1995 306 diesel turbo a few weeks back and its running fine. Thing is, every so often (especially when starting up in the mornings)
there is a red light that comes on to the top right corner of the dashboard it looks like a drawing of the radiator i.e. a square with a small cap on top and some wavey lines on the bottom half. Thing is i can't find a reference to this indicator in the handbook!!! Anyway, as it seemed to suggest the radiator, i topped it up with some anti-freeze but it seems to still comes on occasionally. Am i right??
Cheers in advance
P.S. there is also a tow bar contraption on the back but without the actual tow bar bit. It looks like a hollow metal tube with a locking pin. I've never seen a tow bar setup like this is it standard??? Any idea where i could get my hands on the missing bit (tried 247 autoparts and ebay already)
@lucent.com says...

You are correct - low coolant level.
Jim
Maybe there is a leakage in your radiator

It's for a removeable tow ball. Various makes, including Brinks and Witter. There should be a manufacturers mark/type approval label on the bracket. (underneath). DaveK,.
Thanks everyone, these comments have really helped me.

Site Timeline