Pergeot 405 GTX Mreg Dashboard Warning Light Diagram

Can any of you help me ,i have a 405 GTX diesel which my hubby bought as a run around ,really enjoy driving it but didn,t get a drivers manual with it and would like a diagram explaining each warning light and what there as i have one light that occasionally comes on and ive no idea what it,s for , a friend reckoned it was for the washer bottle but i have my doubts and would prefer to have a diagram before disaster strikes

Reply to
kerryb

what dos it look like?

Reply to
Chrs

Im guessing that because your friend reckoned it was the washer bottle, that it looks a bit like a bottle. On the 306 there is a coolant level warning light to tell you the coolant is too low.

So, until you figure out for sure what it is, Id check the coolant level - running low is not what you want on these engines..

Sadly on my 306 the sensor was malfunctioning because the coolant was full of air, which in turn was being caused by the cylinder head gasket having failed.. So Im not saying that you have a serious problem, but whatever it is check the coolant level, top up if required, and keep an eye on it. If you are losing coolant, you need to find out why.

Cheers Craig

Reply to
fairlyclueless

It looks like flask with an acorn bottom and filled half full

"Chrs" wrote

Reply to
kerryb

no checked everything all fine,brother owned the car before me and it often came on with him ,another friend has suggested it could be oil filter warning light ,as it,s orange it,s obviously not major , all the major warning lights are in the middle of the dashboard

"fairlyclueless" wrote

Reply to
kerryb

I also have that on my 1995 405TD. I also have no clue what it's for although I suspect the fuel filter bowl water detector. Mine came on intermittently for a few hundred miles, then permanently. I changed the fuel filter a couple of days ago and cleared the water out. The light went out after, but now it's intermittent again. I can't believe that Peugeot don't put their user manuals on their web site.....

Richard

Reply to
MacMan85

RE: message from Richard, i have got a book coming and as soon as i find out what it is il put on here, hubby changed oil filter and fuel filter to see if that does the tric

"kerryb" wrote

Reply to
kerryb

Hi Kerry,

I've today done a bit more investigation, pulling the water sensor plug off puts that damned light out..... so, it is the 'water in fuel' warning light. I drained the fuel filter again and the light is now off, we'll see how far it goes.

If you have a later model 405 (mine is 1995) then the water switch is at the back of the fuel filter housing, a bit awkward to get to but it unscrews by hand easily.

Hope this helps

Richard

Reply to
MacMan85

Richard , Unfortunately the book i received was a year too early and still non the wiser ,Mines a 1995 as well but what i dont understand is weve changed the oil filter , it was ok for about a week and now only occasionally comes on , was wondering if maybe the warning light is possibly faulty? As you say its ridiculous they dont put the manuals on the net, i have a Calibra as well and i managed to get the full operating instructions for my alarm system which isnt the standard one with wiring diagrams the lot ,absolutely crazy , Kerr

"kerryb" wrote

Reply to
kerryb