Peugeot 106 Rev Probelms

My 106 Zest 2 is revving all over the place, sometimes it is so low it stalls sometimes it jumps to 3-4k, any ideas please???

Reply to
slicksambo

----- Original Message ----- From: "slicksambo" Newsgroups: alt.autos.peugeot Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2005 3:36 PM Subject: Peugeot 106 Rev Probelms

Hi, It sounds like a similar fault that my 306 had, and if it is then its going to cost a fair bit to rectify. You will need to get a diagnostic done to see the fault code. It may be the ECU gone down due to ignition coil block failing and the fault shows up as stepper motor but chances are its not the stepper motor but the ECU. If the fault was caused by the coil block then you will need to replace that first. Best to take it to a decent garage that knows what there doing, a main dealer should.!!!! If the ECU is a gonner then ask for it to be sent for repair, as it will be a lot cheaper than a replacement. You may be luckier than me but see what the diagnostic shows first. Regards, Graham..

Reply to
Graham H

"Graham H" wrote: > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "slicksambo" > Newsgroups: alt.autos.peugeot > Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2005 3:36 PM > Subject: Peugeot 106 Rev Probelms > > > > My 106 Zest 2 is revving all over the place, sometimes it is > so low it > > stalls sometimes it jumps to 3-4k, any ideas please??? > >

cheers Mate :D Booked in at the garage tommorrow

Reply to
slicksambo

You may be luckier than me but see what the diagnostic shows

Whats the verdict on the 106, have they fixed it, i wonder out of curiosity. !!!!!

Graham.....

Reply to
Graham H

They replaced the stepper motor (idle control valve) and the problem was fixed, still fairly pricey though!

Cheers :)

Reply to
slicksambo

Ok , well at least it was only the stepper motor!!!! i expect that was around 90ukp plus garage fee plus vat. thanks for reply and good luck. Regards , Graham.......

Reply to
Graham H