FORD TRANSIT 2.5 di conversion help req`d

hiya

ive got a tranny engine to bob into my series swb, ive got no bits with it, so does anyone know where i can get conversion plates, gearbox mounts etc,

what will i have to do forthe exhaust, do i use the tranny one or landy??

and what flywheel/clutch assembly do i go with.?

if anyone has any info on this conversion id be gratefull to hear about it.

thanks guys

andy

Reply to
dave

Get in touch with Steve Parker Land rover in Rochdale

Steve Parker Land Rovers Ltd. Lloyd Street, Whitworth, Rochdale. OL12 8AA Tel: 01706 854222 (PARTS DEPT) Tel: 01706 854223 (SERVICE DEPT) Fax: 01706

854410 Email: snipped-for-privacy@steve-parker.co.uk

They have a kit I believe for doing this.

Andrew Renshaw

I done this conversion and used

theadaptor plate was spot on. would recommend. are u going to be using it for off road? if so my one snapped 3 timing belts and bent the push rods coz loads of mud gets in the timing cover..... beware! otherwise BRILLIANT conversion!

MC. SIIA swb

Reply to
Mark C.

yeah, ill be off roading it,, ive beeen using a diahatsu 2.8 n/a engine before, and i cant really fault it, except it really does need all 4 pistons to stay attached to the conrodsfor best performance. other than that its fine.

cheers

andy

Reply to
dave

so what exhaust do you use ?

and what about the clutch?

also what alternator do i use.? ( i take it this has a built in voltage regulator)

anything i oughto be carefull of before i start.

cheers

andy

Reply to
dave

done this ages ago...use tranny downpipe fabricated to same bore pipe and a big freeflow silencer (small truck one maybe) you decide where it goes...I got mine coming out the nearside just ahead of rear wheel...use s3 diesel clutch..kit from engine conversions tells you this amongst other stuff...use brass spiggot bush in kit for flywheel...any transit alternator will do...best advice I can think of is to get lots of soundproofing!!!this is a noisey engine best of luck...Steve

Reply to
steve

i used the transit flywheel with the S2A clutch, i had to slightly enlarge the bolt holes to make it fit. I used the land rover alternator with transit pulley.

advice....... make sure u got ALL the parts for the air filter housing inc the 'trumpet'! it will be REALLY noisy if u dont. i waterproofed all of the filter housing and made a snorkle to go on the end of the trumpet and up the screen.

USE the transit plate that sits between the gearbox and engine and MAKE SURE u spend time making it fit the conversion kit properly! i didn't and had to rebuild the starter a few times where it got caked in mud!

erm.... remove the osf engine mount thats welded onto the chassis

just found the PDF that comes with the conversion!!! if u email me markcoe69AThotmailDOTcom i'll send it 2 u!

MC.

Reply to
Mark C.

Try here,

I am into the same project with my 88". At this adress you will find the adapter, engine mounts etc. at a price of £250. Dag

Reply to
Dag K