peugeot 306 lreg (1993)

have recently bought a seconhand peugeot 306 xld and after driving it home i tried to start it up again and it doesnt even make a sound,all lights,wipers etc will work tho so dont think its a battery prob,have been told it could be a immobiliser problem I dont have a clue where to start,any ideas?

Reply to
becky griffiths via CarKB.com

It could be the "starter motor problem." Try putting it into gear rather forcibly to give the drive chain a jolt before turning the key. If that fails, open the bonnet and hit the motor with a hammer.

Reply to
Phil Cook

I had a similar prob after disconnecting the battery & it was the immobiliser.

Try switching the ignition to the 2nd position (with all car doors closed etc) then press & hold the small button located below & to the right of the steering wheel.

Reply to
Jim Goad via CarKB.com